Jim Haysom has a wealth of digital knowledge and experience, having launched a dotcom back in 1999 and has worked for leading international brands, including ROKT, eBay, Auto Trader, Shopzilla and Ministry of Sound.
With over 18 years’ experience Jim has successfully created digital marketing solutions, transformed digital businesses and grown start-up divisions. Jim has experienced first hand the infancy of digital, the dotcom boom and bust, and the new digital economy that includes social media, big data and innovative ad technologies.
- ROKT – UK Commercial Director (May-15 to Dec-17)
- I joined ROKT as UK Sales Director in 2015. As the first employee in Europe I reported to the Global CRO in New York and have been on both the Global Leadership Team and Sales Leadership Team. Managing both the supply, demand and people for the UK region, my role was promoted to UK Commercial Director in Jul-16. It was my responsibility to launch, establish and grow the UK operations and work with all cross-function departments based across the globe. I supported the MD EMEA and senior team with further European expansion into Germany and France.
- Auto Trader – Business Development Director, Digital Sales (May-12 to Sep-14)
- Led the sales approach for top tier franchise dealer groups and manufacturers, building relationships with senior marketing and CXO decision makers to become a trusted advisor. Developed partnerships and successful sales strategies in collaboration with Account Directors and cross-functional teams to deliver new business and support existing client relationships. Consultatively sold digital solutions including managed SEO and PPC, social and SaaS websites and advocated digital marketing best practice both internally and externally to drive results, value and ROI. Managed two Business Development Managers for six months during a period of restructure.
- eBay – Senior Manager, Strategic & Integrated Partnerships (Mar-08 to Apr-12)
- Built integrated partnerships that increased value, trust and selection to the eBay community. I created innovative brand and performance display advertising campaigns, allowing clients to target against eBay’s rich consumer and behavioural data. Verticals included retail, automotive, property, travel, entertainment, financial services and shipping. Collaborated cross-border with business units within eBay, media agencies and with clients direct, involved from the inception to execution and post-campaign analysis. I worked with the ad sales agency to deliver strategic and tactical advertising solutions, strengthen agency relationships and change advertiser perceptions.
- Ministry of Sound – Head of Digital Sales (May-07 to Feb-08)
- Responsible for display advertising revenue and strategy for Ministry of Sound and Hed Kandi websites. I sold a range of creative opportunities to media agencies and clients direct including: premium display, video and mobile advertising, integrated partnerships and sponsorships. I managed a digital ad trafficker and my clients included Adidas, Apple, Budweiser, Coca Cola, COI, Ford, Nike, O2, Smirnoff and Toyota.
- Shopzilla – Acting Head of Sales UK, Senior Account Manager UK (Sep-04 to May-07)
- Successfully launched the comparison shopping engine into Europe as employee #2, securing CPC revenue from agencies and the top 200 UK online retailers. As acting HoS, I managed the Key Accounts team (3 reports) and continued to grow revenue from top tier accounts such as Amazon, Apple, DSGi, Jessops, John Lewis, Littlewoods and M&S.
- Deal Group Media – Business Development Manager/ Key Account Manager (Feb 02 to Aug-04)
- My BDM role began selling SEO and PPC campaigns to media agencies and clients direct, and later included internet monitoring solutions. After the acquisition of Webgravity, my role focussed on generating new business for the internet intelligence division and growing revenues from European clients, including Audi, Boots, BP, Gillette, GSK, Microsoft and Nestlé.
- Pub2Club.com – Founder and Managing Director (Nov-99 to Feb-02)
- The company provided bar and club information, photos, events, club tickets and advertising opportunities throughout Hampshire and Dorset via Pub2Club.com, Pub2Club monthly magazine and offline activities. Private investment of £60,000 was raised allowing the business to expand. Collaboration with local radio station for extended marketing coverage. Responsible for advertising sales, website management, ecommerce, marketing, editorial distribution, hiring, training and managing 30 staff.
Digital Marketing & Advertising Experience
- Digital Strategy
- Digital Marketing
- Online Advertising
- Display Advertising
- Strategic Partnerships
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Lead Generation
- Mobile Advertising
- Content Marketing
- Website Design & Build
- Affiliate Marketing